Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Enlightened (Favorite) - Rikki Donovan

"Anyway, before I digress even more, I couldn’t have been more wrong with my apprehension. I totally loved this story. Looking at some of the sub-standard stuff that is sometimes being sold by the known publishers I’m at a loss as to why this story is self-published  and didn’t get picked up by a publisher. Unless, of course, J.P. Barnaby chose to self-publish for other reasons. Maybe it’s the age of the two boys who are both under 18, but I have read other romance fiction with at least one partner underage, so it doesn’t seem to be a total taboo.
Brian and Jamie are very lovable boys, insecure at first, but extremely mature and grow into their relationship in a very believable way. They are ready to face the world when it comes to that and won’t be swerved by superior behaviour or irrelevant prayers, whether they come from a preacher or a parent."